Thursday, February 03, 2022

Working from Home

Beth and the dogs went to work this morning. We didn't have much snow in our neighbourhood but she said that the roads weren't great. I decided to work from home. I'm going between a newsletter and my post.

Knitting Barber Cords are coming tomorrow. The website has been updated.
Lykke ball winders and swifts are on the way to us. Maybe tomorrow but probably Monday. These are only available for store pick up. If you want one shipped please contact us and we will figure out the shipping costs. Please note that these are heavy = more shipping costs. We can not give free shipping if a ball winder or swift is in your order.




We will also have individual Lykke Blush tips and cords - both 3.5" and 5" tips. I have them on the website and when the box arrives I will update the inventory.

Mindy Sleeves from Lantern Moon have arrived.

Special tool case with 5 narrow sleeves for storing a variety of tools. A fabric flap at top and a magnetic dot closure keeps all contents in place.

Open Dimension : 4.5”h x 4.5”w

These slip nicely into your knitting bag and are great for holding cable needles, sewing needles, repair hook... 

Photos © Stephen West

Painting Squares is another pattern in Stephen’s new book.
This geometric design features a self-striping yarn as the main color with a solid contrast color. Slip stitch squares form an easy to knit check pattern. The edges are framed with I-cord and the cast on/bind off technique creates the jagged edge.  
You can easily customize the length of this fabric by binding off early or continue to work the pattern repeat for a longer size.

Stephen used Zauberball Crazy with a fairly solid fingering weight yarn. I say fairly solid because it can have a bit of variation but you don’t want a crazy handdyed yarn with 15 colours in it - you won’t see the stripes from the other yarn.

The pattern can be purchased on Stephen’s website.


I knew we had the Olympics starting soon but didn’t realize that soon was this week. This will be the first time I don’t have an ‘Olympic project’. I don’t want to start anything because there is a new Andrea Mowry pattern coming next week that I want to start. I am going to use the Olympics as a time to finish projects. It will be a race to see how many I can cast off. There are quite a few that are very close.

I wrote this post earlier today and then sat down to knit. I pulled out my Inclinations Shawl that was almost finished. I knit 6 rows and cast off.

Beth claims that this doesn't count because the Opening Ceremonies hasn't happened at the Olympics. I claim that it does count because events were on TV last night.

Now I'm onto project #2.

No comments: