Saturday, February 26, 2022

Happy Saturday

The start of my Shift. I should have taken the picture differently. Colour A is Absolute Zero (middle ball), colour B is Dead Reckoning (bottom ball) and colour C is Cold Comfort (top ball).

I am surprised by how much I am enjoying the Lantern Moon needles. The yarn slides nicely on the needles. The needles aren’t as slippery as Addis but it’s close. The join is good - the yarn doesn’t catch. The cords swivel which means they won’t twist while you’re knitting.

Lynn and I are getting ready to put out the new Rowan yarns for Wednesday (Tuesday online). I took these shots from Rowan’s Instagram page and Mode At Rowan’s Instagram page.



There was a surprise in the boxes that I can show now. True Black Creative Linen is back in stock.


With a crisp look but a soft feel, Creative Linen is a winner for spring and summer knits. Great stitch definition means that lace or texture patterns really shine in this yarn, which comes in a fresh colour palette of brights and tonals. With a mixture of 50% linen and 50% cotton, Creative Linen will wear and wash beautifully, making it an essential choice for warmer days.

That started me thinking about last spring’s book called Ease and the amazing sweater called Chard knit out of Creative Linen.
Then I went down the Creative Linen rabbit hole. Here are more patterns.
This is Neri from Kim Hargreaves’ book Ravish.
The Longline Cardigan from Mode at Rowan book 2 or available on Ravelry.
Swallowtail from Rowan - pattern available on Ravelry.
Selene available on Ravelry.


I can’t show pictures yet but Creative Linen is used in Rowan Magazine 71 as well as Mode at Rowan Collection #6.

Happy Saturday!!

No comments: