Friday, February 11, 2022

Melting Marl Blanket

Stephen West has a new pattern. These bright pictures are making me smile.
This blanket is designed as a stash buster to use all of your leftover fingering weight yarns and single skeins. Always hold two strands of fingering weight yarn together or mix in some lace weight mohair silk or suri alpaca yarns too.The instructions include detailed notes on how to blend your leftover yarns and single skeins together to achieve smooth melted color transitions. You can knit the blanket as long as you want for a decorative throw on your couch. There are three simple textures and chevron/wave variations repeated throughout the fabric to keep you engaged and motivated to reach each new section. Enjoy knitting this cozy stash busting blanket!
Photos © Stephen West

Color Notes

Always hold 2 strands of fingering weight yarn together or hold 1 strand fingering weight + 2 strands lace weight together. Only change 1 color/strand at a time for a blended color melting effect. 






The first thing that came to mind was a Temperature Blanket. I’ve purchased the pattern (available on Stephen’s website) and am seriously considering. I wouldn’t make it nearly this wide. I would do more of a throw. Stephen explains how to resize the blanket. I would use Felted Tweed (single strand) on 4mm or 4.5mm needles.

I showed Christine’s Goldfern a few days ago and she has another finished project to show off.
This is my latest pandemic project, the Albini cardigan by Orlane Sucche, a French designer.  I made it in Arranmore Light from the Fibre Company , at your suggestion—always the right one!  I really like wearing it.  I cursed the designer for the Latvian braid detail above the ribbing but it does look classy. (Doesn’t show up well in the picture.)

I have a cardigan in Arranmore Light and it is very nice yarn to wear. 

Lynn did some rearranging today.

Madelinetosh Wool + Cotton has moved. Rowan Softyak DK and Denim Revive are finding a new home. Donut balls don’t always look good in the glass shelves.

Hanging the balls will show the colours better. Lynn was part way through when I left. I had paperwork to do - unfortunately it didn’t get done. Maybe tomorrow.

Last night I left to make a tea and came back to find Boscoe asleep with his feet on my pouf. That is my Maker’s Board. I love it. It’s perfect for holding my chart.

I changed my bed last night and then the dogs came in for a visit. I didn’t get my pillow case on before Boscoe found my pillow.
This is tonight. It’s way better to chew on a toy while you’re resting on the pouf.

No comments: