Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Tough Love

Since my earliest days of knitting, I have loved to play with stripes! This little striped pullover lets the “wrong side” shine, because sometimes wrong just feels right! Faux seams adorn the center front and back of the sweater and encase the sleeves. Metamorphic fits like a classic, with details that make it anything but ordinary! 

This sweater is knit from the top down (meaning you can try it on as you go and add length to suit your own personal style!), beginning with the collar. The beautiful reverse stockinette stripes are created by knitting the sweater inside out so you can avoid all that purling! Slipped stitch faux seams encase both the sweater and the sleeves. The sleeves are returned to the needle after finishing the body, picking up stitches for the underarm for a totally seamless sweater!

The pattern is available on Andrea’s website.

Photos © Andrea Mowry



I played a little today with colours for the Metamorphic Sweater. Andrea always gives yarn substitutions and one she suggested is Lore instead of Metamorphic/Versus. There are finished projects on Ravelry and someone used Lore.

Another yarn Andrea suggests is Crazy Zauberball. I think that it is too thin and Zauberball Starke 6 would work better. Lynn has some Lore and Crazy at home and is going to swatch to see.



I took more pictures but they aren’t online yet. The website and I had a fight today. I’m not talking to it right now but I’m sure we will make up tomorrow or maybe later tonight.



Last night I learned a new cast on. The 2x2 Tubular Cast On taught by Andrea Mowry.

There has been talk on Twitter for the last few days about using different cast ons. I’m not that person but I should be. Andrea uses the 2x2 Tubular Cast On for many of her sweaters and hats. If I’m going to knit Metamorphic then I better learn the technique. 

Andrea’s video is very good. I think I will try it on scrap yarn to master it and then start the sweater.
The website and I came to an understanding and I was able to update our SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock. A big box came this morning.

80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon 425 yards / 388 m per 4 oz / 115g skein 

A perfect blend of warmth and strength to make a hardwearing sock yarn that can stand up to your affection and abuse. Tough Love Sock is our best-selling yarn and knits up beautifully into fine-gauge sweaters, small shawls, as well as socks! Spun from 80% superwash and super soft merino and 20% nylon, this 3-ply yarn is so versatile — knit it firmly for hard wearing socks, knit it loosely for drapey shawls, or knit it doubled for a great worsted weight substitute. Suggested gauge for sock knitting: US 0-1 (2-2.25mm) | 8 sts/1″

I have used Tough Love Sock for many shawls and the yarn is very nice to work with. I don’t knit socks but if I did I would definitely use Tough Love Sock.


If you are thinking about Tweedy now is the time.

It’s time to say goodnight. I have a few more things to update on the website. Lykke Blush tips arrived today.

No comments: