Monday, February 07, 2022

Cables

I love knitting cables and I love cabled sweaters. This is a new pattern from Thea Colman. 

Photos © Thea Colman

Vesper with a Twist is a simple pullover with a not-as-simple cable. The gorgeous twists and turns in this motif are both geometric and delicate. The panel transitions beautifully from the hem and has gentle curves that make a stunning edge on each side. (And I promise, these cables aren’t complicated to work, they just look like it when combined together as they are!) 

To keep the focus on that panel, the rest of the sweater is incredibly simple. Stockinette stitch on sleeves and back and a deep, cozy cowl are just perfect and make for easy knitting.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 

The sweater body is knit upwards from hem to armholes in the round. The body is then separated into front/back at armholes, and pieces are worked flat to shoulders. Once shoulders are seamed, cowl is added and sleeve stitches are picked up and knit in the round to end. It can easily be worked with a crew or turtleneck instead of the cowl shown, and notes are in the pattern for doing so. 

Cable instructions are both charted and written out. 





Make sure you check your in box. A newsletter just went out. I’m going to sign off in a minute and knit. I remembered a crochet hook but 8pm isn’t the time to start on the crochet reinforcement on my Spark/Spice cardigan. I’m going to work on my Velvet Mirror Cowl for a few relaxing rows of knitting.
The line where the pattern switched is very obvious now. I’m almost 3/4 of the way finished.

If you really need Andrea’s new pattern now she tweeted out a link to it earlier today. If you receive Andrea’s email newsletter then I suggest you wait until tomorrow. She will email you a discount code.
Photo © Andrea Mowry


No comments: