Sunday, February 06, 2022

Metamorphic Sweater

Meet the Metamorphic Sweater. A new pattern coming from Andrea Mowry on Tuesday. This is a sample sweater that Spincycle Yarns knit up. They used Versus and Dyed in the Wool.

We will have kits live on the website Tuesday morning. Spincycle has 4 colour suggestions and we have the colours for all of them.


When the pattern comes out you will see that Andrea used Spincycle Dyed in the Wool and their yarn called Metamorphic. Metamorphic isn’t available for yarn shops so Spincycle suggests Versus.

We will also make up some kits using Juniper Moon Patagonia for the main colour with Dyed in the Wool or Zauberball Starke 6. My supplier just received a restock of Patagonia and more should be coming in a week.

Another yarn idea is Rowan Felted Tweed. Maybe a solid colour with one of the new Felted Tweed Colour shades.
The knitting is finished. Before cutting I am going to do a crochet reinforcement. Tin Can Knits has a great tutorial. Guess what you need for a crochet reinforcement - yes a crochet hook. I can only find one at home and it is too big. I started but was annoyed so I set it aside and will work on it tomorrow.

I used the colourwork chart for Andrea Mowry’s Spark cardigan on her Spice cardigan. I wasn’t sure that I wanted a belted cardigan.

The patterns are available on Andrea’s website.
Photos © Andrea  Mowry


We can’t get the dogs to come in. They love the snow.

No comments: