Tuesday, February 22, 2022

New patterns

Brian Smith has a new pattern - Diamond Lines #2. 

Diamond lines 2 is the sister pattern to the original Diamond lines shawl design. This time a triangle shape and no short row shaping.

The shawl is knit in Felted Tweed Colour. 2 balls of colour 28 and 1 ball of colour 21. I have been knitting a lot with Felted Tweed lately and highly recommend it.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 





Andrea Mowry rereleased Shifty this morning. This is from her newsletter.
When I designed the Shifty sweater just over 3 years ago, I was just dipping my toes into the vast world of round yoke shaping and design. Many gorgeous sweaters have been knit from the original Shifty pattern and it opened up a whole new way to play with and explore color. Over these 3 years I've continued to play myself, tinking around with yoke fit and pouring over the feedback I have received from amazing knitters from all over the world. This past year I felt I had discovered some ways to achieve an even better fit in a round yoke sweater and I wanted to take what I learned and apply it to Shifty so that it could be even better than before. Combining my new knowledge with the notes I've received from knitters like you, I put Shifty back on my needles and completely re-wrote the pattern. My goal when designing sweaters is that you have just as much fun wearing the final knit as you did making it!

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry or on Andrea’s website. 


📷 © Andrea Mowry
Andrea used Spincycle’s Dyed in the Wool for her sweater but we have other options. I’ve been looking at Ravelry to see what other knitters have used.

-Zauberball Crazy

-Noro Silk Garden Sock

-Zauberball Starke 6

-Tosh Merino Light

-Hedgehog Skinny Singles and/or Sock

There are many options. 

I didn’t have time to put colours together because I was busy working on something else.

Knitting Camp. The dates will be September 30-October 2. This year we are going Friday - Sunday. Our instructors will be Kate Atherley and Fiona Ellis. Both ladies have taught at Camp before and have great workshops. Over the past two years they have added new workshops which makes picking 3 very difficult. The brochure should be ready next week - fingers crossed.

It’s cookie time.

No comments: