Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Big Day Tomorrow

Sara finished her What the Fade?! The shawl is stunning. It took a few false starts to get the colours right but she nailed it.

Sara used Hedgehog Sock. The colour order from bottom up is

Iris
Daydream
Heron
Matchstick
Juniper 
Method

I’ve owned the pattern since it was released. Now I’m inspired.

You can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website. I was very afraid of doing Brioche until I knit Andrea’s Cinnabar. If you read through the pattern it looks scary. Once you start knitting you will see that it’s not nearly as hard as you thought.
📷 © Andrea Mowry
This is the original from Andrea Mowry. I’m obsessed with the tassels!
Quadruple your fading fun!! This shawl starts off with back to back fades thanks to beautiful, bouncy two color brioche! We then end with an epic band of all 6 colors faded together with some relaxing garter stitch! To celebrate this amazing fade, we’ll finish it off with faded tassels, and then wrap it around and wear it all year long! Included in the pattern are links to helpful video tutorials!

Do you receive Andrea Mowry’s newsletter? Click here for her website and you can sign up at the top.

This was in today’s newsletter.

I have completely revamped Shifty and put it back thru testing to get the best fit possible! The update for this pattern will be going out a week from today. [You can find Shifty on Ravelry here! This pattern will also be available on my website again once the update is live.]

We will have the original colours available next week - hopefully in time for the release. I knew that this was coming and that’s why I haven’t started Metamorphic. I’m deciding which I will make.

Original colourway. 📷 © Andrea Mowry

This sweater is all about being playful and having fun with color! One colorway is used consistently as the “background” while 3 contrasting colors make up the textured colorwork using the Mosaic knitting method! This is one of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe - it looks fabulous with high waisted pants and skirts, layered under overalls and pinafores or over dresses and tunics!

The packing table is gone. He was a part of our life for much of the past 2 years.

Without the packing table Lynn kneels on the floor and tapes boxes. This box was a little full - Lynn is actually kneeling on the box.



We were both very tired at 4 this afternoon. We (mostly Lynn) did a lot of rearranging over the past few days. 

A sneak peek at a new Della Q product coming in March. A circular needle case. And there is going to a brand new colour. Love the orange!

It’s time for a quick cup of tea and then bed. I want to be wide awake tomorrow. I’m a little worried about the temperature change. That can bring on a migraine 😢.

No comments: