Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Spark and Spice

Andrea Mowry introduced two new patterns today. All photos © Andrea Mowry. Meet Spark - you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
I love a good shawl collar cardi! This bottom up, raglan cardigan gives a classic look a twist with all-over colorwork. Spark is knit in the round and then steeked and finished off with a garter shawl collar and cozy belt to keep out those wintry winds! 






This is Spice - pattern purchased on Ravelry.
This cozy cardigan is knit from the bottom up, in the round, with all-over colorwork and then steeked. Finished off with a garter stitch shawl collar and pockets, Spice is the cardigan you will be reaching for from early Fall to the last cool nights of Spring! 





I have purchased both patterns. I’m going to make the ladies version (because I like the colour work at the bottom) but I want the buttons from the man’s sweater.

Andrea used a worsted weight wool for the main colour and Dream State for the colour portion.

Here are some yarn options.
Silver Mist Highland with Lapis Dream State
Lilac Highland with Ruination Dream State
Oatmeal Highland with Mississippi Marsala Dream State
Loden Blue Highland and Deep Bump Dream State
Morning Frost (1324) Woolstock with Shades of Earth Dream State
Drift (1312) Woolstok with Mississippi Marsala Dream State
Spring Ice (1320) Woolstock and Deep Bump Dream State
Cascade 220 Heathers 8401 with Lapis Dream State
Cascade 220 Heathers 8401 with Kureyon 452. I did a few with Kureyon because I understand that not everyone wants to knit with Dream State. The Kureyon will stripe to give you the colour changes.
Cascade 220 Heathers 9600 with Kureyon 450
Malabrigo Rios Cosmos and Winter Lake

Take a look at all our worsted weight yarns.

I could have kept on going. If you are interested in making either cardigan, email me with colours that interest you. I can email you pictures so you can see how the colours work together. It’s hard to view colours side by side online.

I haven’t picked my colours yet. I’m trying to finish a project before I start but you all know me. I should be starting by the weekend. 😘

No comments: