Saturday, July 25, 2020

A visit from Lucy

I try hard to have new content for my posts but today I couldn’t come up with anything. I scrolled through my photos and found Free Your Fade. This is a super simple pattern from Andrea Mowry.
This shawl was created to be your favorite shawl pattern! Really relaxing garter stitch with engaging eyelet rows and endless color possibilities. It would be gorgeous knit up in one color, but you can just as easily use 20! I’ve extended the color melt sections for an even more cohesive fade, with easy instructions to add as many fade sections as you would like! The shawl is light weight and perfect year round when knit up in fingering weight yarn, but don’t let that stop you from knitting it up in any yarn weight you prefer to the size of your choosing! 
Yarn: The possibilities are endless! This shawl can be knit using however many colors you want, with whatever yarn weight fits your fancy, to the size that fits you best! Free your fade and make it your own with this super adaptable pattern!!
I have knit a few Free Your Fades. After you’ve knit 20 rows you will have the pattern memorized. It’s perfect if you are going to the cottage or taking the kids to the park. Or maybe you are binge watching a great show on TV.

Dad and Lucy met me at the store this morning so that dad could tape more shipping boxes for me. That is his Saturday morning job. Lucy isn’t getting any smaller. I have to climb over her if I need to get to the other end of the store. She’s quite content lying there until it’s time to go home.

I’m working away on the border of my Botanic Shawl. I won’t get many rows knit tonight but hopefully I’ll finish tomorrow. 

No comments: