Monday, July 27, 2020

Rose Cardigan

Monday is my day to do work at home but I went to the store to meet Mr. Canada Post and give him lots of parcels. While I was there an out of town customer called to see if we were open. We talked for a bit and I put together a kit for her. I took pictures and she liked what I did and stopped by to pick up her yarn. I love her project and am going to share.

She wanted to make Andrea Mowry’s Rose Cardigan (pattern purchased on Ravelry or on Andrea’s website.)

All photos © Andrea Mowry.
This open cardigan is a true adventure in knitting! Combining unique sideways construction, cables, fading and exposed seams to create a flattering oversized dolman style sweater that looks great on all types of figures! Knit in one color or four, to suit your style! This sweater has a beautiful curved underarm that creates a lot of drape for an oversized look, with long, slim cuffs that give you different styling options. You can either wear them long, to accentuate the slender portion of your arm, or cuff them for a shorter sleeve!



The cardigan is knit in sport weight and we went with Tosh Sport.
Good Silence
Dust weaver
Elizabeth Taylor
Eleven Dark

I think this combination will be stunning.
Then I started thinking about other combinations. Above is 
Dr. Zhivago
Asphalt
Soot
Optic

Below I switched out Dr Zhivago and put in Black Sea.

This is
Whiskey Barrel
Whiskers
Court & Spark
Silver Fox

A year ago, Doreen knit the cardigan and her’s is stunning.





You can see the details of Doreen’s cardigan and her notes on Ravelry.

She used
Night in Chile
Wellwater
Undergrowth
Dubrovnik

I was up early this morning to be with Boscoe while Beth went to work. I was working at the breakfast bar (accounting 😂) when I could here some noise upstairs. This is what I found. Boscoe was having fun with a ball of Rockshelter sock. He likes the good stuff. Normally it’s Spincycle but I think I have all skeins hidden now.

No comments: