Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Lizard Ridge

While I was looking on Ravelry yesterday I came across Laura Aylor’s Lizard Ridge. (All photos © Laura Aylor). I have started squares for the afghan. I wonder where they are.
I had been searching for an afghan pattern that takes advantage of Kureyon’s long color runs. This block pattern is based on Barbara G. Walker’s Short-Row Stripes square in her Learn to Knit Afghan book. The original idea was to knit a square occasionally as I came across new colors of Kureyon, finishing the afghan in time to send it to college with my daughter, who is also a knitter and who loves Kureyon. Unable to stop once I began, she instead received it for her 15th birthday. 
The pattern is free on Ravelry.


Laura used Noro Kureyon for her afghan. Now I want to know where my squares are. If I wasn’t so tired I’d go searching.

Lately I have been having really weird dreams. The other night I was opening a new yarn shop. There was a bus load of people (still sitting on the bus) waiting for us to finish setting up. There was also a line up waiting at the door. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the yarn or samples that we needed to open. My dad decided to let everyone in early. I was so mad at him. I had to get up and read for 1/2 an hour before I could go back to sleep.
Boscoe has no problem sleeping.

No comments: