Monday, July 13, 2020

Project Bags

This is Cathy’s Lilli Pilli that she knit out of Mrs. Crosby Train Case. The shawl is gorgeous. Another fabulous design by Ambah O’Brien - you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
I started making up kits for the shawl this morning. And they are on sale for a great price. I love Train Case but it is time to make room for new yarn.
This yarn is a soft & beautifully hand-dyed blend of superwash merino, nylon and Outlast - a rayon fiber technology that continuously interacts with a body's microclimate to moderate temperature from being too hot or too cold 
55% Superwash Merino Wool - 15% Nylon - 30% Outlast® viscose
Here is the start of kits. More will be coming.

I didn’t write yesterday but my mind was working. It is time to say goodbye to some yarn. You might not know that we have a page for Clearance Yarn on the website. Some of these yarns are discontinued (or will be soon) and some are yarns we love but we need room for new yarn.

Noro Tabi is on the clearance list.
Named for the traditional Japanese socks, it's not limited to socks as it is perfect for shawls, cowls, mitts, hats, skirts, sweaters, etc.. A DK to Sport weight Wool/Nylon blend, it comes in huge 150 gram balls with a very generous 410 yards per ball!
There are patterns on Ravelry and I have a few other ideas.

You could make a Log Cabin Afghan. How about a Nightshift? The yarn would make an awesome Granny Square Blanket.

I found a bag of Primrose Adelaide and made more kits for the Bambara Wrap.

I was able to picture more of the J Hendry bags this afternoon. These are all Medium Project Bags.


I’m almost finished the second skein of Dyed in the Wool. The two skeins were very different but I’m okay with that. It adds more colour.

No comments: