Wednesday, January 03, 2024

WIP Wednesday

Mr. UPS brought a huge box of Malabrigo this morning.

Opening a box from Malabrigo is never boring. The bags of yarn are very colourful.

This is a new colour of Rasta.

Zanete Knits is hosting a Mystery Yoke-along. You can read more about it and purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Joining a Mystery Knitalong is like embarking on a thrilling knitting adventure! Over a few weeks, you receive a series of pattern clues that gradually unveil the final design. With each clue, anticipation and excitement grow as the project takes shape. 

The project will be a top-down round yoke sweater with deep running (past the sleeve separation) Latvian-inspired colourwork featuring geometric shapes.

It uses a Sport weight yarn, and high contrast is strongly recommended as the colourwork is quite intricate. 
Select a solid, neutral main colour and a vibrant contrasting colour that can change throughout. It’s essential to ensure a consistent contrast between the main colour and the colour-changing yarn. Avoid sections with minimal contrast, which may give the yoke an erased appearance. By doing so, you’ll achieve a captivating and visually appealing result.

The pattern asks for sport weight but the tension is 28 stitches to 4” on 2.75mm needles. I would use fingering weight for the body with Dyed in the Wool for the contrast. Biches & Buches Le Petit Lambswool would be my choice. This is only my opinion but I think that sport weight on that size needle would make a very stiff sweater. I think a swatch needs to be knit and blocked to see if you like how the yarn looks and feels.

Here is my Flora Daze (Advent) Shawl. I’m about to start colour 25. This will be the last picture until it’s blocked. I will confess that there were times when I was knitting the shawl that I questioned Emma’s colour choices. Now that it’s almost finished I love how everything came together. I will be knitting with another Smalliday Set next December and I will probably do this pattern again. Maybe I’ll use the fingering kit next time.

Boscoe went to school today and had fun playing with the other dogs. Thankfully he goes back to the office and Beth could wash his feet before bringing him home.

No comments: