Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Cloud

PetiteKnit has a new pattern. Meet the Cloud Sweater (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

Cloud Sweater is worked from the top down. First the back yoke is worked back and forth while short rows are worked to shape the shoulders. Then each shoulder is worked separately, back and forth and with short rows. The shoulders are then joined to form the front yoke. The front and back yoke are joined at the underarms to form the body, which is worked in the round on a circular needle. The sleeves are worked from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the armhole openings. The sleeves are worked in the round. At the end, the stockinette stitch funnel neckline is worked from stitches that are picked up 
and knitted along the neck opening.
 

Knit a swatch before beginning the project to check if the recommended needle size gives you the correct gauge.

The sweater is knit with a strand of Aran weight yarn and a strand of mohair. Someone on Ravelry is knitting the sweater with Rowan Brushed Fleece - I love this suggestion. 





We should have a few new colours of Noro Ito next week. I can see another Nightshift in my future.


I worked from home today. What crappy weather. Thank goodness it is rain and now snow.

Today I worked on my year end. I was set up at the kitchen table and Suits was on the TV. My head is still swimming with numbers. It’s time for a break from the computer so I’m going to knit.
Someone is saying “Hurry Up and get my dinner”.

No comments: