Saturday, January 13, 2024

Snow Day

It was snowing and blowing at the store today. My drive in was okay but as I got closer to the store there was more and more snow coming down and the wind was blowing harder. I like winter because it’s cold and we need to knit sweaters, socks, mitts, hats, scarves….but I don’t like it for driving.

The wind was blowing snow around all day and at times I couldn’t see across the parking lot.
The cold and snow got me thinking about winter accessories. The World’s Simplest Mittens from Tin Can Knits - a free pattern.

Barley - also a free pattern from Tin Can Knits.

Andrea Mowry’s Bear Paw Socks (pattern purchased on Ravelry) are knit in a DK weight yarn so they are a bit heavier for in your boots.

I’m doing the I-cord bind off on the first half of my shawl. I should be restocking the shelves but I really want to get my shawl done so I’m knitting instead.

Beth dropped the dogs at dad’s early this afternoon and went to the grocery store. She called me that the roads were bad and asked if I wanted her to pick me up and she would drive me home. I left my car at the store and closed at 2. The roads were pretty bad and got worse as we got closer to home. Did I mention that I don’t like snow? There a few days a year that I wish I drove a pickup truck - today was one of them.

Dinner is done. We’ve baked a cheesecake. The kitchen is clean and now it’s time to knit.

No comments: