Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Butterflies

Chubby Butterflies is a new pattern from Joji Locatelli. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Photos © Joji Locatelli

This hat is a really fun and quick project that allows you to experiment with marled or handspun + solid color yarns, while also playing with a really fun stitch. 

It is worked from the brim to the top, with decreases shaping the crown of the hat.
Tips for substituting

The main yarn can be substituted with 2 strands of light DK, or sport weight… or 3 strands of fingering weight. Marling different colors will have a similar effect to the yarn that I used. 

This is the Terrazzo Sweater from PetiteKnit. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
The Terrazzo Sweater is worked from the top down. First the yoke is worked flat (back and forth) on the circular needles, while the neckline is being shaped, then the work is joined to be knitted in the round. The yoke is constructed with shoulder increases on both right side and wrong side rows on the first section. On the next section, increases are worked on the sleeves only, and on the final section classic raglan increases are worked on both body and sleeves. 
The turtleneck consists of a ribbed collar worked at the end, from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the neck edge. It is worked in twisted rib. The sleeves are worked in the round either on double-pointed needles or on a long circular needle using the Magic Loop technique. Begin by working a swatch to determine which needle size you need to achieve the correct gauge.
Photos © PetiteKnit
This is not a new pattern but I saw it again last night and ordered yarn for it. One of the yarn suggestions is Noro Silk Garden Sock held with a mohair/silk blend. I ordered 3 colours of Noro Silk Garden Sock and they should be here early next week.
This is the colour used in the pattern and I ordered lots. I think know I need this sweater. The cold weather has me wanting a cozy new sweater. There will be many different options for the mohair/silk. I can’t wait for the yarn to arrive to decide.


Ball 5 has been joined to my Traveler Shawl and I should finish in the next few days. I’ve spent too much time working on my iPad today so now it’s time to knit.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I remember seeing this sweater and love the colours. Can’t wait for the original Noro Silk Garden colourway :)