Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Decreasing

It was another beautiful day in Vegas. I packed my backpack (the new Della Q Midi Backpack) and went for a walk. 

My cowl came with me so that I could get outdoor pictures. I am just about to start the decreasing.

Caitlin Hunter has a new pattern. You can purchase the pattern for Awilda on Ravelry.

Awilda is a sport weight sweater knit from the top down, featuring playful, easy-to-work colorwork, and a relaxed, cocoon-fit body. This pattern is a great stash buster and opportunity to play with color!  

Short rows are worked at the back neck. Instructions are given for lengthening the body and sleeves as desired. 

Each row uses only 2 colors and has short floats so this is quite approachable for beginner knitters. 

The pattern calls for sport weight yarn but when I look at the tension I think you could do the sweater in a fingering weight yarn as well. Fingering weight will give you more colour options. It also gives the option of using mini skeins for the colour work. 

I wrote this before dinner and totally forgot to hit publish. My stomach is full and now it’s time for a rest and some knitting. I was up at 6 this morning and walked 9km today. I’m tired.

No comments: