Monday, January 22, 2024

Terrazzo Sweater

Last week I talked about the Terrazzo Sweater from PetiteKnit (pattern purchased on Ravelry). The yarn arrived this afternoon.

I haven’t knit a PetiteKnit pattern yet but many customers have. They rave about the patterns and the fit.

The Terrazzo Sweater is worked from the top down. First the yoke is worked flat (back and forth) on the circular needles, while the neckline is being shaped, then the work is joined to be knitted in the round. The yoke is constructed with shoulder increases on both right side and wrong side rows on the first section. On the next section, increases are worked on the sleeves only, and on the final section classic raglan increases are worked on both body and sleeves. The turtleneck consists of a ribbed collar worked at the end, from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the neck edge. It is worked in twisted rib. The sleeves are worked in the round either on double-pointed needles or on a long circular needle using the Magic Loop technique. Begin by working a swatch to determine which needle size you need to achieve the correct gauge.

This is Noro Silk Garden Sock Solo in colour S1 - the colour used on the pattern.

I put together a few combinations of the Noro and a mohair/silk blend.
Le Petit Silk & Mohair Grey Beige
Rowan Kidsilk Haze 612 (white)
Rowan Kidsilk Haze 634 Cream
Kidsillk Haze 642 (light mauve)
Kidsilk Haze 693 (light green)
This is Silk Garden Solo in colour S60 with Le Petit Silk & Mohair Blue Green

Here are the yardage requirements.

I was surprised that my Traveler Shawl was dry this morning. I’m going to sew the ends in tomorrow morning and then I’ll get pictures. Now I’m going to start blocking my first Traveler Shawl. I might get my Traveler Cowl finished tonight too. I’m close.

No comments: