Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Whale Watching

I’m going to start with a bit of knitting content.

📷 © Andrea Mowry

Andrea Mowry has two new patterns. 
This sweater is knit from the top down (meaning you can try it on as you go and add length to suit your own personal style!), beginning with the collar. The yoke is adorned with cabled raglans and the allover knit purl texture of the sweater. You will separate the sleeves placing them on hold while the body is finished and then returned to the needle, picking up stitches for the underarm for a totally seamless sweater!

While I don’t believe clothing needs to be gender specific, I have received many requests for more of my sweater patterns to have a “mens” version, including broader shoulders, deeper yokes and longer sleeves and bodies. My goal is to include more sizes to fit an even greater range of body types!

The sweaters are knit in worsted weight yarn so your possibilities are endless.

You can purchase the patterns on Andrea’s website.

It was whale watching day. Before I left Beth did some investigating and suggested Prince of Whales. She did a great job. We lined up to get on the boat at 11:30 and they took pictures as we were getting to the boat.
I took a lot of pictures. A lot but many aren’t good. Prince of Whales had a photographer on board and emailed some pictures from the day.








We spent an hour watching the Orcas. The Captain brought us as close as he is allowed and would swing the boat around as the whales were moving.

There was knowledgeable staff on board who talked about the animals we saw. They were all very polite and answered all questions. Trust me - I can ask a lot of questions.










Our route and what we saw. 

The boat is large - it can hold 95 passengers. There is seating inside, up top and out front. I went out front from the start. Yes, those are rain clouds. We got spit on for a while.

I should also mention that there are 2 washrooms on board. That was important when I was picking a boat.
This lighthouse was on the way home.
Coming into Vancouver.

It was a great day! I had my knitting with me thinking that I would knit on the way out and on the way back in. It was great to sit outside. I didn’t think about anything - just watched the beautiful scenery.

1 comment:

kristi said...

Oh my gosh -the lighthouse is at Orlebar Point - my view from our 2nd home when Iam sitting in my “knitting chair”.

Some day, you might want to visit one or two of the Islands as well!!