Saturday, May 07, 2022

Lifesavers

Last summer I was bit by the colour bug in a big way. Sitting and gazing at my lovely urn of leftover sock yarn scraps inspired me to cast on for my perfect cardigan. Simple in shape and construction but with endless possibilities in terms of colour and impact. Who doesn’t love rainbow stripes? The perfect light layer, this cardigan has become a wardrobe staple and I don’t know how I ever managed to live without it.

Tanis Lavallee’s Lifesavers Cardigan came up in the HOT RIGHT NOW on Ravelry today. The cardigan is from 2015 but it is timeless.

You can purchase the pattern on Tanis’ website. 

Take a look at some of the fun striping combinations on Ravelry.

📷 © Tanis Lavallee
The cardigan is knit with fingering weight yarn so your options are endless. You can use mini skein kits or a self-striping yarn. 


Lynn has one more set of increases and then she’s decreasing.
I’m almost to the decreases. I made the decision to add a few more rows before starting. The cowl is a bit smaller than my Shift and I don’t want it to be tight around my neck. There is lots of yarn so that isn’t a concern. Now it’s going on a Knitting Barber cord so that I can use the needles to start another one on the plane tomorrow. 

I’m packed and ready to go. Watching the lineups at the airport has me a bit concerned so we are going an hour earlier. I’ll have more time to knit sitting at the gate - I don’t want to be caught in line and miss my flight. 

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I love the stripes sweater. I remember making a slip over with the same principle of striping the yarn. It was a favorite for years.