Monday, May 02, 2022

New shoes

Melanie Berg has a new pattern called Peach Fuzz.

📷 © Melanie Berg

This design is a very personal one for me.

It’s about beating cancer, about inching back into a normal life after finishing therapy, about regaining strength, confidence - and hair!

I love that peach fuzz, and while I think it looks funny, I’m just totally embracing it.

This sweater could not possibly have any other name, and the Woolfolk Yarn I used is simply perfect for it: Soft as soft can be!

A note on gauge: Don’t worry if you don’t get the exact gauge! This sweater is knitted tighter than the ball band suggests. 
If your gauge is looser (tighter), you can simply knit a smaller (larger) size.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 





Melanie is knitting the sweater to a tension of 26 stitches = 4”. She suggested a worsted weight yarn knit to a tight tension. If you look on Ravelry her test knitters have used a variety of yarns. Some used sport weight, some dk weight and some used worsted weight. Think of the fun you can have picking colours.

I think that you could used Le Petit Lambswool for a lighter sweater. Newleaf is 22 stitches to 4” on 4mm needles. You might be able to get the 26 stitches on a 3.5mm.
📷 © Rosemary Hill
Rosemary Hill (Romi) showed this shawl on Instagram last night. The navy and beige make a striking combination. Rosemary writes a great pattern and has interesting shawl patterns.
Harmonize is a fun asymmetrical triangle with lace and slip stitch texture. All of the charts in this pattern are interchangeable, down to ability to work half charts, as well! Each chart has identical shaping. This master pattern shows the “recipe” for the shawl shown, and also includes every chart you’ll need to create your very own personalized version if you want!

You can purchase the pattern on Romi’s website.


At 5 I had to run out and buy my dad shoes. He wore his shoes while pouring concrete today and they didn’t fare well. I asked why he didn’t put on his work boots. The response “I don’t know - they were in the truck”. I wasn’t sure which to buy so I was texting pictures to Beth. She couldn’t remember which pair her and dad bought last time so I bought two different pairs. 

Beth had a hard time sitting at her desk today. Boscoe was at school. This is Hugo and Jackson.

Now it’s time to go. Hockey and baseball!

No comments: