Friday, May 27, 2022

Finished Cowls

Alex stopped this afternoon for a quick visit and dropped off some of my knitting. I knit and Alex blocks, sews in ends and sews my seams. It’s the perfect arrangement - at least for me.

This is Andrea Mowry’s Velvet Mirror Cowl. You can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website.

This cowl gets started with a provisional cast on and then is knit sideways as a tube. A half twist and some kitchener stitch to finish it off and you have an easy to wear, cozy-to-the-max cowl to pair with all of your cool weather outfits!

I used Rowan Kidsilk Haze (double stranded) and Spincycle Dyed in the Wool. Kits are available on the website. I really enjoyed making this cowl and would highly recommend it.

I need to be careful with this cowl - Lynn wants it. I’m going to be checking her bag when she leaves every evening 😘.


Alex also blocked my Shift. I used Dyed in the Wool Absolute Zero, Dead Reckoning and Cold Comfort. I have a new mauve jean jacket and this will be perfect.

I’m going to continue with the cowl theme when I sit down to knit and watch Top Chef. The rows on my Inclinations Cowl are getting shorter so it feels like I’m knitting faster.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The cowls are beautiful. I love the subtle colors.