Friday, May 13, 2022

It’s warm in Ontario

My flight home was good. I was supposed to be on the 3pm flight but changed to the 2pm flight when I got to the airport. They fast tracked me through security, I grabbed a tea at Starbucks and walked onto the plane. 
This was my cowl at the start of the flight. I didn’t knit a lot more. I laid back and got caught up on Billions.

We have a new store sample - thank you Lynda. We knit Andrea Mowry’s Weekender Light in Le Petit Cashmere & Lambswool. You can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website.
We went outside for quick pictures but I was too hot. It was been between 9C and 12C (with rainy periods) while I was in Vancouver. I need to get used to 20C and above.

The Weekender, originally designed for worsted weight yarn and released a few years ago, is my most popular pattern to date and it may not surprise you that a lighter weight version has been the most frequent request in my inbox! While these 2 patterns are very similar, The Weekender Light has been adjusted for its very different gauge and with a larger range of size options! The Weekender Light is available in 10 sizes, is knit up in fingering weight yarn and has a few adjustments that I hope will result in another favorite sweater for your handknit wardrobe! 

DETAILS 
This sweater is knit from the bottom up in the round until the yoke. The yoke is knit flat and then joined at the shoulders with a 3 needle bind off. Sleeves are picked up and knit down from the body for a completely seamless sweater!

The sweater is very light weight. 

The gardens exploded while I was away.
Now a few rows and then bed. I was late today and don’t want to be late again tomorrow.

No comments: