Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Friends

I was going through pictures last night and found these. Before the start of a yarn show we would take a group picture. 

This is Woodstok Fleece Festival. Lynn and Sarah are wearing Tensho knit in Woolstok and Dream State. Wannietta is wearing Stephen West’s Rockefeller.

This is the Knitter’s Frolic. The ladies are wearing The Throwback (pattern purchased on Andrea’s website.)
Knitter’s Fair. Wannietta and Sarah are wearing Understated by Joji. (Pattern available on Ravelry). Lynn is wearing Guthrie that she knit in Hedgehog Merino DK.
This is the Fleece Festival. Sarah and Wannietta are wearing Carlina. Lynn is wearing New Leaf. I picked this picture because I like Wannietta laughing. The main colours are fingering weight and the contrasts are Dyed in the Wool.

Hair styles (and colours) have changed over the years.

📷 © Stephen West
Stephen West has a new pattern and a new workshop.


Choose six colors to knit this geometric garter stitch shawl. Each section is knit with one color at a time while you pick up sts and attach each new section to previous section, so there is no seaming. The long angular shape inspired by crystal formations features a large center section with Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy, a fascinating self-striping marled yarn. The small sections framing the center self-striping shape feature semi-solid color pops. Collect a vibrant color palette and enjoy the magic of modular knitting!

You can purchase the pattern for the Crystal Fragments Shawl on Stephen’s website. 


I am so excited to share my new workshop with you: Modular Magic! Have you been looking for a shawl project that will help you to learn how to create a beautiful seamless geometric fabric with gorgeous lines and color changes? There's so many to choose from in the Westknits world and in this workshop I will guide you through seamless modular knitting one step at a time, so you can develop your modular knitting skills from the comfort of your cozy home. I have so much fun creating these workshops for you and I can't wait to see the magical knits you create, so grab your needles, sign up to my workshop, and get ready to be inspired!

You can purchase the workshop on Stephen’s website.

Beth and dad had a job meeting at their arena this afternoon. When Beth arrived this is how she found Lucy. The truck was parked under a tree with a cool breeze. Lucy didn’t even lift her head when Beth talked to her. 

I spent the afternoon with Jackson and Boscoe. They were well behaved and let me knit. After we had an hour nap. It was the first time both have napped with me. Jackson on one side and Boscoe on the other. They had me pinned and wouldn’t budge. I think I should say they napped and I relaxed.

I have 6 more rows and the yoke is finished on Ranunculus. I forgot to grab a Barber Cord this morning so I’ll put my stitches on tomorrow and get a picture.

No comments: