Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Painting Bricks

Stephen West has a new pattern.
Gather a colorful collection of DK and worsted weight yarns to knit this rectangular blanket. Slip stitches form the brick motif, so you only have to work with one color at a time. Choose a main color to frame all of the contrast color pops. This pattern is great for using leftover bits of yarn for the brick stripes. I-cord edges frame the perimeter for a crisp clean finish. Choose between the small or large width and customize the length by knitting as many bricks as you want. This blanket is very beginner friendly, so you can enjoy your beautiful colors with easy to knit stitches.

Don’t forget that you can double strand your fingering weight yarns to make a DK weight yarn.

You can purchase the pattern for the Painting Bricks Blanket on Stephen’s website. 

📷 © Stephen West




Stephen has a bit of everything in the blanket. Solid colours. Hand dyed yarns. Speckled hand dyed yarns. There is even a bit of Dyed in the Wool. 

Megan finished her Inclinations Cowl. She said that I could use her Instagram pictures to show you how the cowl knit up. She used Valley Girl D with Light-Years. I jokingly mentioned that she should knit for me - she is fast!!! She didn’t take the bait.

The colours are stunning. We don’t have enough skeins in stock for me to knit this colourway now but I will think about it in the future.

Boscoe is very comfortable on the pouf tonight.

Here is my Inclinations Cowl so far. There could be a few more rows before bed. 

I am running away for a few days next week. Sunday morning I am flying to Vancouver and will be back Thursday evening. All along I was planning on coming home Wednesday evening. My hotel was booked until Wednesday. Then I booked my flight. When I received the confirmation I realized that I messed up the return flight. It was easier to change the hotel than my plane ticket. Beth has been researching things for me to do. I think I might go whale watching. I’ve done it many times but being outside on a boat watching whales doesn’t get old. Sunday afternoon I’ll watch the cruise ships leaving for Alaska. There is the aquarium and Conservatory in Stanley Park. I will definitely visit Granville Island. I booked a hotel room with a balcony so there will be quiet knitting time. My quandary is the knitting for the trip. That is something I need to decide over the next few days. Please let me know if you have suggestions for downtown Vancouver. 

No comments: