Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Knitting Progress

The yoke is finished and it’s time to start increasing. I did not do the cast on that the pattern called for. I was ready to start and wasn’t in any frame of mind to do something fancy. I cast on 90 stitches with a .5mm smaller needle. I did the ribbing and then omitted the increase row. Lynn is wearing one of her Ranunculas sweaters today and she did the fancy cast on. Yes I like it better but…

We put the sweater on a Barber Cord to see the actual size. It took Lynn less than 3 minutes to slide the stitches onto the cord and the same amount of time to get them back on the needle. Barber Cords are awesome and we highly suggest you have some in your knitting bag.

Lynn has one word of warning about Barber Cords. I am working on a 5.5mm needle and she was gentle slipping the stitches. The Barber Cords work best for 4.5mm and smaller needles.

When I finished the yoke pattern last night I went back to my Inclinations Cowl. I’m busily working away on my decreases.
Lynn’s Inclinations Cowl is done, blocked and sewn together. The colours look awesome. Lynn loves it. It looks better on a person but I was outside with my friend so I threw it on her.
 
Isabel Kraemer has a new cardigan. Lynn is in love with it. Maybe I should say obsessed. I think this will be her next project.
Elah is worked seamlessly from the top down. Fronts are worked in lace pattern, while the back is worked in Stockinette stitch. Knitting starts with the provisional cast on of the shoulders for the fronts (you will first work the right front, then the left front). Once the short row shaped shoulder slope is done, the front is worked flat to underarm. Shoulder stitches are picked up from the provisional CO of both front shoulders to work the back to the same length. At underarm both fronts and back are joined to work the body top down back and forth to the bottom hem. As the front ribbing is built in, there is no finishing required. Sleeve stitches are picked up around the arm openings to work the sleeves in Stockinette stitch top down in rounds to the cuffs.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 

The cardigan is knit in worsted weight yarn - the options are endless.

If I was knitting the cardigan I would use Kathmandu Aran. We have a shawl knit in the yarn and it looks amazing in textured stitches and in stocking stitch.






Beth and Jackson are at school tonight so I have time to start my increasing on Ranunculus. When they get home we will be watching the season finale of Survivor. I might have to work on Inclinations - I have the pattern memorized so I can knit and watch.

No comments: