Thursday, July 16, 2020

Unicorn Tails

I was going through old pictures and found these for Gyre (pattern purchased on Ravelry) that we knit with 2 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Satchel. This is a gorgeous shawl - I need to bring it out. It would look fantastic with a shawl cuff. And speaking of shawl cuffs, I have spoken with the ladies at Knox Mountain and asked about some brighter cuffs. They are talking with their leather supplier.



A box left Madelinetosh today and we should see the yarn next week. What’s in the box?
Tosh sport
Tosh merino light
Tosh DK
Unicorn Tails
Unicorn Tails are mini skeins of Tosh merino light. There are 47m (52yards) in each Tail. Fun colours are coming.

What can you make with Unicorn Tails?
We knit Magmatic Boom (pattern purchased on Ravelry) with 10 mini skeins - 5 colours, 2 each.
I suggest you number your skeins 1-5. For our shawl the colour order is

1
2
3
2
3
4
1
4
5

When Unicorn Tails first came out Madelinetosh brought out a pattern for a fun scarf. This is the Unicorn Stripe Scarf. You need 30 Unicorn Tails - our sample is 30 different colours. Not all the colours are available but we have great colours to make your own version.
The scarf is knit in a tube so you don’t see the wrong side row when wearing the scarf. It also means no purling.

About a month ago I showed pictures of Melanie Berg’s new shawl Together Apart. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. Photos © Melanie Berg.
Melanie used 2 skeins of Tosh merino light in Copper Pink Solid (coming in our box) and one Unicorn tail in Phantasm (already in stock).


Now a bit of knitting before bed. I’m trying really hard to finish my Botanic Shawl. Diana is bringing in the version she is knitting for me to see tomorrow. I’m excited to see how the Crazy worked up in the shawl - I’ll share pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

They are all lovely, but the Copper Pink shawl is just elegant!