Thursday, July 23, 2020

Old pictures

I've spent the past 15 minutes going through old pictures and can't find the one I want. I did come across pictures of three sweaters that I am knitting. All are top down. The bodies on all of them are finished and I need to do the sleeves. Once my Botanic Shawl is finished I am finishing some projects. They will be done and ready for the cold weather.
This is my Throwback knit out of Harrisville Highland and Dream State. Looking at the pictures has motivated me to finish them.

Andrea emailed me this afternoon with pictures of two finished projects. They are gorgeous.
Another ‘Birds of a Feather’ this one is HH sock and Alpaca Boucle in ‘Concrete’, it’s (alpaca boucle) a fantastic substitute for mohair.  I love a real boucle yarn and this is beautiful. 
So this one is done in Noro Akari.  I am calling it ‘Double Night Shift’,  it’s a perfect baby blanket size! 

The newest Noro Magazine (coming out this fall) has a great looking sweater in Noro Tabi. The same Noro Tabi that we have on sale.
Designed by Rosemary Drysdale using NORO Tabi color 6. S (M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) Finished Measurements Bust 36 (40, 44, 48, 52, 56)" 91.5 (101.5, 111.5, 122, 132, 142) cm
The pattern calls for 3-5 balls. I don't know the breakdown for each size but if I had to guess the first 2 sizes are 3 balls, the next 2 are 4 balls and the last 2 are 5 balls. Don't hold me to this, it's just a guess.

Noro Nishiki
Five colours of Noro Nishiki have been added to the website at a great price.
This buttery soft worsted weight cotton blend feels as wonderful to wear as it does sliding through your fingers. Available in a playful array of colors, Nishiki will surely spice up summer knitting and crocheting projects from airy tops to lacy shawls and cover-ups.
Nishiki is worsted weight so you could use it to make The Nightshift. Use two colours like we do with Noro Akari or use all the colours. Either way you'd have a beautiful shawl.

Watch your inbox - a newsletter is scheduled to go out at 8:45 tomorrow morning.

No comments: