Saturday, January 21, 2023

Yvonne MT

Diana stopped by this afternoon with Yvonne MT. We used Le Petit Lambswool - 3 balls of Soft Gold and 2 balls of Dark Blue Black. Diana had very little left of the Dark Blue Black so if you are worried about running out I would suggest 3 and 3. The shawl is beautiful!

Yvonne MT is a sideways constructed triangle. You will start with a few stitches, and work increases to shape the shawl. The three color version is worked using a technique I call ‘Intarsia light’. This technique is easy to work, and carefully explained in the pattern. 

You can also choose to work the shawl in two colors, without introducing a third color for the inner triangle of the shawl. Please refer to the pictures for an example of the three- and the two-colored version.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 


I took these pictures just before leaving and then forgot to bring the shawl home for better pictures. Next week.
I laid the shawl out so that you could see the shape. There are shadows on the shawl which is causing the dark spot in the point.

I am working on my 20th square. Last night I laid them all out on the island to get a feel for the colours and what colours the last 5 squares need to be. Beth suggested that I knit 10 more squares and then we have lots of squares to play around with. She then wants to pick the 25 squares we like the best. That leaves 5 extra squares. Another blanket? It’s a good thing that Noro brings out new colours of Kureyon every year. I can put the extra squares away and work on the blanket later this year. Or in a few years - I have been collecting these squares for at least 5 years. LOL!!! I just went through the blog and the first square of this afghan was started on January 19th, 2010. 






This is the blanket that I’ve already knit. Many of these colours are discontinued so my new blanket will be total different.

Football is on and my tea and needles are ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I would just finish the squares required and call it a day. There are so many patterns to knit. Lol
Cheryl aka seajaes on ravelry

Lois Evensen said...

Your afghan is gorgeous. I love the soft color combinations.

Julie said...

Hi Cheryl
I’ve considered making 2 more squares and finishing but I found more balls of Kureyon in my house so with some added I have enough for another blanket. The second blanket might take another 10 years. :)