Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Suri Silk

Emma’s Yarns sent an email yesterday announcing their new yarn Suri Silk. The yarn has been added to our order that should be coming soon.

Our Suri Silk is soft, fluffy, and a great alternative to our Marvelous Mohair for anyone who has alergies or prefers not to work with mohair! Hold a strand of Suri Silk with another Emma's Yarn base for a gorgeously soft halo of texture. 

74% Suri Alpaca / 26% Silk

328 yards / 50g skein 

These are the colours that will be coming in this order.

This is the Frond of You Cowl that is knit with one skein of Suri Silk.

Frond of you is a seriously soft cowl! It’s the perfect addition to your cold weather wardrobe. Designed in a luxurious blend of Suri alpaca and silk from Emma’s Yarn, it features a delicate lace detail and soft halo that adds a touch of romance to your look. The length is adjustable to your taste and knit as written, is long enough to pull up over your head when it gets chilly, providing extra warmth and comfort. The perfect piece for stylish and cozy winter days! 

This is a great pattern for new lace knitters!

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.



I spoke with Emma’s Yarns and we should have our order before the end of February. Hopefully by the middle of the month. I spent time tonight adding the yarns and kits. There are still colour photos to add - more coming later tonight. And then I ran into a snag. We have 130 colours of Practically Perfect Sock Smalls (mini skeins) coming. The website will only let me add 100 colours so I need Korey to do some magic tomorrow. Then all 130 colours will be there. 

Once I know that the yarn has left Florida I will add quantities to the website.


I was in the store shipping orders and there was a surprise when I went to make labels. UPS is a cheaper option than post for some postal codes so you might see your boxes come in a big brown truck.

There was another surprise this morning. I tracked our shipment of Barber Cords and they are delayed. The box left Finland and went to Germany. For some odd reason it then went to China. It’s taking the long way to get here. UPS says it is coming on Thursday but I won’t hold my breath.

Now back to pictures.

No comments: