Thursday, January 05, 2023

Cable Trellis Socks

Stephen West has a new sock pattern which you can purchase on Ravelry. This is part of his Westknits Year of Socks 2023.

From Stephen

Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy is a great self-striping marled yarn. One ball of this yarn would work great for the contrast color. I recommend using a solid or semi-solid yarn for the main color to make the texture and traveling cables pop. Experiment with different yarn combinations and have fun!

Photos © Stephen West





My Bear Paw Socks haven’t grown because I am mad at them and myself. They are in a time out. I started knitting during football and didn’t pay attention to what I was doing. I didn’t increase enough stitches after the toe shaping. Then I didn’t count my stitches until I was at the heel. I had to do some adjusting for the heel and then I increased some stitches in the ribbing up the leg. I will finish them (doing the same numbers on the second sock) and give them to Beth if they fit her. I did make notes of my mistake so that I can make them again on the second sock. 👿. Then I will make a pair for myself. A total rookie mistake that I shouldn’t make but now I’ve learned my lesson to pay attention!

The new Opal sock yarns are online. Winterweide is above and Holidays below.
Tomorrow could be a happy delivery day. Spincycle and Noro Akari.

Dream State
-Mississippi Marsala
-Overpasses

Dyed in the Wool
-Robin’s Egg
-Shades of Earth
-Space Oddity
-The Family Jewels
-Castaway
-Leith
-Melancholia
-Rusted Rainbow
-Stay Out of the Forest

Noro Akari
#1
#13
#18
#23

Lynda knit this Fae Wing Shawl in May.
We have a new store sample. Lynda knit the Fae Wing Shawl (the pattern is free on Ravelry). We used one ball of Noro Akari - colour 19 on 4.5mm needles.



Alex finished our second shawl in June.
We have another Fae Wing Shawl. The pattern is free on Ravelry. Alex has been in a knitting funk so I asked her to knit this shawl for us. One ball of Noro Akari on big needles - I think we might have her back on track. We used colour 20 for this shawl.

This is a great pattern if you are new to lace knitting. You can follow the written out rows or you can try working from a chart.
Dad and Lucy’s drive is going well. There was a delay at the border this morning so it is taking a bit longer than normal. Usually dad gets to the border and there might be one or two cars ahead of him. This morning it took over half an hour. They should be at the house before 8pm.

Tonight it is going to be a quiet night of knitting. I need to get into the store early tomorrow to put away knitting needles from recent orders. I have them all over the place and it is time to get them in order.

No comments: