Friday, October 28, 2022

Skylights

This is Sarah’s Skylights sweater. It is perfect for the weather we are having today. Sarah used Noro Akari with Le Petit Silk & Mohair.

Akari col. 5 and le petit silk mohair colour grey beige

I did the first size. 

I knit the body and part of an arm in one ball of Akari and ended the neck with about 5 meters of the third ball of mohair left. I have a 4th ball that I didn’t start. I knit the sleeves slightly longer so I’d get 4 balls of mohair if you want the body longer or are worried you’ll run out. 

This is sweater was knit in a week! It is such a fun sweater if you need a break from knitting something more intricate or just need an inspirational boost! Instant gratification. Akari is beautiful yarn and so soft! 

It feels like you are wearing a cloud!

You can purchase the pattern for Skylights on Tanis Lavallee’s website.

Can a sweater be light and drapey while at the same time being cozy and chunky? I think this sweater design proves that the answer to that question is a resounding YES! I really went for it with the design details, combining lace, cables, nupps, a wide neckline, an oversized fit and of course those statement puff sleeves! Knit at a loose gauge to create flattering drape, this sweater practically knits itself. You’ll be wearing your new favourite sweater before you know it!






Cathy also knit Skylights but didn’t want her picture taken so Sarah put the sweater on.

Cathy knit the second size and used 2 balls of 
Akari (colour #1) and 4 balls of Le Petit Silk & Mohair (light grey).



This was in Andrea Mowry’s newsletter this morning. If you are an Andrea Mowry fan I suggest you sign up. When she releases a new pattern there is always a code for a discount. Click this link and it will take you to the sign up page.

I’m really early today. Dad and Lucy are coming for pizza tonight. Then dad and Beth are heading out to a birthday party and I am dog sitting. There is a secret project on my needles that I hope to have finished tomorrow. It is a hat knit in Spincycle’s brand new yarn and I will show it to you when the yarn launches. Beth is knitting the hat in different colours and isn’t happy that I am so much further than her. Years of practice I told her.

No comments: