Thursday, October 13, 2022

Another Elah

Marion finished her Elah. It is amazing! Thank you for sharing.

I used Cascade 220 Heathers - colour 9450.
I loved making it!


This is a pattern that I highly recommend. Isabell Kraemer understands garment design and sizing. This is the first garment that I have knit for myself that I didn’t have to adjust the sleeve length. The fronts of the cardigan sit beautifully and you aren’t worried about it hanging open while you are wearing it. You could add a shawl pin if you wanted to but it isn’t necessary.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Tin Can Knits has a new pattern.

This design is modular, and can be knit in any yarn weight, so you can make it whatever size & shape you like! However, we have included 3 layout options in 3 yarn weights, to make things easy! 

Sizes: Stroller (Crib, Throw)

Each hexagon is approximately: 
5.5” wide in sock/sport weight 
7.5” wide in DK weight 
9” wide in Worsted/Aran weight

You can purchase the pattern for Starflower on their website. 

The crisp geometries of this floral blanket will delight you each time you bind off another hexagonal piece...and then once more when you arrange them into a colourful bouquet!

Each hexagonal flower is knit working from the centre out, one at a time. Half flowers are worked in a similar way, but in rows. 

Once the pieces are complete, they are seamed together. You may leave the blanket edges raw, or work an i-cord edge.










I purchased the pattern and wanted to show some great things that Tin Can Knits do.

I download that pattern into iBooks. You can see that i-cord edge is in turquoise. If you click on that when working on your iPad or tablet it will take you to a tutorial on that technique. There is turquoise writing throughout the pattern to help you with everything.

In case you missed my post last week, Lynn has retired. She is happy relaxing, knitting and going to her cottage. Right now I am in the store by myself. This means that there could be fewer blog posts. I will try and write daily but I can’t make any promises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well deserved retirement. She will be missed, with her smile and her generous knowledge of help with patterns and yarn!
Enjoy Lynn!

Anonymous said...

I’ll truly miss seeing Lynn while in the shop. All the very best to you Lynn.