Saturday, October 29, 2022

Undertones

Beata from Hedgehog Fibres has a new design. This is called Undertones and the pattern is free. 

I love handspun yarn combined with squishy, simple textures. I really enjoyed watching the colours shift while knitting this lovely oversized wrap. A perfect cozy fall project. 

I’ve included non-handspun yarn suggestions and colour management on page 5 of the pattern. 

Yarn: For this shawl I spun one 300g pack of Hedgehog Fibres Lucky Dip Fibre in ‘Pastels’. I ended up using 280g of finished yarn which comes to approx. 745m (266m/100g) 

Alternatively: 4 skeins of Hedgehog Fibres Sock Yarn or Skinny Singles in a choice of 4 colours. Fingering weight yarn that will be held double.

I didn’t see this until I came home so I couldn’t take pictures but one suggestion is Hedgehog Sock in Iris, Rosehip, Danube and Monet.


Or take out Monet and add in Budgie.
Or Bloom, Rosehip, Bandit and Danube.

I didn’t start on bright colours but 
Gossip, Shapeshifter, Wildcard and Soundwave. 

Now I must stop. I wrote the rest of my post first and then realized that I didn’t have any knitting content. It’s 9pm and time to relax.






Lucy came for dinner last night and it was so good to see her. We talk to dad every day so we knew he was doing okay but Lucy doesn’t like to talk on the phone.


Boscoe and Jackson drank her first dish of water. She just laid there and let them. It’s a good thing that she is gentle.

Dad and Beth carved pumpkins today. Boscoe is sitting in the chair staring at them.



After dinner we started on the candy bags. Each little bag got 7-9 candies and/or chocolates. We have quite an assembly line going.
We made 100 bags tonight and will do another 100 tomorrow night. I think that they bring bus loads of kids to our neighbourhood. We have a lot of kids around us but not 200.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Your new yarns are delicious! We don't have many trick or treaters here in our neighborhood. I used to be ready with lots of candy, but we just got fat on it after Halloween. :)