Thursday, October 06, 2022

New Patterns

The Fibre Co. team were inspired to create this design to explore the many options for colour gradient that are possible when holding two strands of Arranmore Light together. The Ceim Sweater is a gratifyingly quick knit and feature marled stripes on a classic raglan sweater.

Ceim is knit seamlessly from the top down, with 2 strands of Arranmore Light held together throughout. The yoke is shaped with raglan increases, until the sleeves are divided from the body. The body is knit from underarm to hem, which is worked with a 2 x 2 rib. The sleeves are then picked up and worked to the cuffs, which are also worked with a 2 x 2 rib. Finally, stitches are picked up around the neck, and a 2 x 2 rib is worked for the neck trim.

Ceim is exceptionally wearable and tremendously cosy, making it an excellent addition to your handmade wardrobe.

The sample colours are Ailis (Col A), Glasney (Col B), Evlin (Col C), Sheelin (Col D) and Meara (Col E).

There are many colours of Arranmore Light - you can put together your own fade. I think that the sweater would look awesome using just two colours. 

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

I have talked a lot about my Pressed Flowers Shawl. Amy Christoffers just released the Pressed Flowers Cardigan. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Photos © Amy Christoffers
An easy to wear relaxed v-neck cardigan with an allover mosaic pattern. Shown with 6” of positive ease but choose what ever ease suits you. Want it longer? Just keep working the body until its your desired length before the underarm (and be sure to purchase additional yarn).


I wanted to add more to my post but Blogger wasn’t cooperating this afternoon. It wouldn’t let me add pictures. After trying many times I stopped before my head exploded.

Have a great evening. I’m going to close down my computer and spend some time knitting.

No comments: