Sunday, July 03, 2022

Sunday Knitting

I worked on Elah this afternoon. The pattern is very well written and the lace work is not hard. If you can K2tog and SSK then you can knit the sweater. The lace pattern is written out row by row and there are charts if you prefer them. 

I like that the front band is worked as you are knitting. When the sweater is knit you are done - there isn’t a lot of finishing. Isabell adds a nice feature on the front edge to make it looked ‘finished’. Sometimes the front edge isn’t neat when you are working in K1, P1 ribbing. Not on Elah. The band is very neat. 

I highly recommend Kathmandu Aran. 

Kathmandu Aran is an unusually soft and smooth tweed blend with a luxurious merino, silk and cashmere fiber blend made in Italy. 

Spincycle emailed me this afternoon that yarn is coming this week. 

Meet Bright Idea. A brand new colour in Dyed in the Wool.
Our skeins could look like any of these. Bright Idea and Valley Girl will make an amazing Inclinations Cowl.

Beth and I are golfing tomorrow afternoon. We’ve made a pact that we will try and go every Monday. It’s great to be out in the fresh air and it’s get me away from the computer and work for a few hours. Last week I didn’t look at my phone once while we were on the course.

No comments: