Saturday, July 30, 2022

It’s Our Birthday

We opened 35 years ago in August. The actual date??? I don’t remember. It was sometime in the middle of the month but we are going to celebrate for the whole month.

On the website I have started a page called Birthday Celebration. On Sunday morning at 8am products will show up and will run until Saturday at 8pm. Then at 8am on the following day (Sunday morning) another set of products will show up.

The sale items for the first week are live. I wanted to make sure that everything was set up properly and I didn’t want to be up before 8am tomorrow.

My post today is short and sweet. Aunt Rene, Uncle Bob and our cousin Michelle came for dinner. We had lots of laughs. I have a much longer post written for tomorrow. It’s finished because it was today’s post until I decided to start the Birthday Celebration early. 

My post was a little too short so I looked at pictures from a year ago. Lynda finished our Honey Moss Shawl a year ago this week. Our sample is knit with 5 skeins of Queensland Kathmandu Aran.

During Fall & Winter, I adore wrapping up in my biggest, squishiest shawls. The Honey Moss shawl combines squishy worsted weight wool with big honeycomb cables that transition into a magnified Horseshoe lace. Once finished it begs to be wrapped up in! 

DETAILS 
This shawl is knit sideways, increasing along one edge to create an asymmetrical shawl. The first half of the shawl is cables, which then give way to lace once we have built up a larger stitch count.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Happy Birthday to the Needle Emporium!!! Congratulations 🎊

Lynne said...

35 years! What a remarkable achievement! Congrats to you, Julie, and all the rest of the crew.