Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Baking

This is Ambah O’Brien’s Lilli Pilli Shawl that we knit with 3 colours of tosh merino light. 

Combine classic stripes with lace for a relaxed shawl to enjoy year-round. Asymmetrical triangular shaping is easy to wear and so satisfying to knit. Choose boldly contrasting yarns or knit your Lilli Pilli up with a more subtle variegated yarn and solid colour combination. Or go with classic neutrals for a shawl you reach for regularly over the years to come. Inspired by my loved Lilli Pilli Wrap, I had long been wanting to make myself another when inspiration struck, and I decided to create a shawl version.

The pattern includes both written and charted instructions for the lace section.



We have a shipment coming from Madelinetosh next week with 4 new colours of tosh merino light.
This is Romi’s Leaves in a Stream. The shawl is knit with 2 balls of Freia Shawl Ball.

Autumn has always been my very favorite time of the year. Crisp air, intense blue skies, and the achingly beautiful colors of fall foliage. My first version of this shawl was the greens, golds, and greys, pictured here on my younger son. As it was taking shape, it reminded me of days spent watching leaves flowing and converging, floating in and out of the sunlight as they played in a Northern California waterway. And so, I began thinking of this shawl as Leaves in a Stream and soon I couldn’t call it by any other name. Two gradient colorways intertwine, and with German short rows, create a stunning play of light and shape in fingering or aran/worsted weight yarn.

We have an order in with Freia and hope to have it sometime in August. We will be restocking Shawl Balls. New colours will be coming as well. 

I don’t have any knitting progress, there aren’t any new patterns to share and we don’t have new yarn coming until the end of the week so I need something to write about. I went through photos from a year ago. These shawls have been popular in the store.

We golfed yesterday afternoon and had a great day. Last night Beth and I were baking until midnight. Dad has a big concrete pour tomorrow in Port Perry. We were making brownies, cookies, muffins and lemon squares for the men who will be working. It’s become a tradition and dad can’t show up tomorrow without treats.

No comments: