Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Awake way too early

Denise sent pictures of the Temperature Blanket that she is working on. The colours are amazing!!! This is the Kaffe kit. She is making this as a wedding gift.

From Denise

My temperature blanket is at the halfway point for the year, and I thought you might enjoy seeing how the colours are coming together.  Only two colours have not yet made an appearance; I am sure they will in the near future as the weather continues to heat up.  This project has been an absolute joy, and I can already envision making one for myself in 2023.  (Same colour combo or different?  Very difficult choice!)

I made a temperature chart with yarn samples which has proven to be very helpful.  I also made a calendar grid for the year where I record the temperatures each day, and then go over them with a highlighter once I've knit the corresponding garter ridge.  I often wait until the weekend and then knit the rows from the preceding week.

Thanks for putting together a fantastic kit!

I need Denise to get my blanket in order.

We had fun golfing yesterday. The front nine was very good. I shot 43 and was thrilled. Beth had a much better score than me - she shot 36. The back nine was not as good but it was worth spending the afternoon on the course.

The jets landing at the Hamilton airport fly right over the golf course. 

I’m tired from being up at 5:30 the past two mornings. Yesterday to get to the store to pack orders and take the boxes to the post office and UPS before golfing. This morning to look after the dogs. Dad was working in Toronto this morning so he was here with Lucy at 5:30. 
Cathy is making great knitting bags. I wanted these further up my post but Blogger isn’t cooperating. I tried but then became frustrated so they are staying here.

The pattern is from Kristina Binkerhoff - you can find her on Instagram as centerstreetquilts.

Cathy is selling the bags for $45. If you are interested you can message Sarah on Instagram. You can pick up the bag from Cathy in Kitchener or Cathy will deliver them to the store for you to pick up. As Cathy finishes more bags Sarah will show them on Instagram.

Cathy is an amazing seamstress and her bags are beautiful. 






I was able to knit for a while today while dog sitting. I am almost finished my first front. I’m going to do what Lynn did - put these on a holder and start the next front. I will leave the yarn attached to all the pieces so I can add rows before joining if I need to.
I took this a few days ago and forgot to share. The pool is upside down.
I’m not sure why Boscoe is snarling. I guess he doesn’t want his picture taken.





No comments: