Thursday, July 14, 2022

New Newleaf Combinations

It was a beautiful day and I didn’t want to be inside. I gathered yarn and made new colours combinations for Newleaf.

Newleaf is inspired by my beloved houseplants. This easy sweater pattern includes options for short or long sleeves. Fingering or sport weight yarn makes this garment light weight and versatile. This piece is knit top down, seamlessly and in the round starting with a simple rolled neckline. With its easy to follow colorwork chart, this pattern is suitable for beginners and experienced knitters alike. While my sample hits at upper hip, you can easily add or subtract length if desired. Just try on as you go and choose the length that’s best for you.

You can purchase the pattern for Newleaf on Ravelry. 

See all the combinations that I have put together.

My yarn and I went outside for pictures. We used Biches & Buches Le Petit Lambswool and Spincycle Dyed in the Wool for our sample.





I took pictures for another kit but won’t have time to get them online tonight. That will be my job tomorrow.
Mary sent an email yesterday with a picture of her finished Log Cabin Blanket. 

From Mary
Thought you might be interested to see what has been on my needles, on my lap, on the floor, on the chair, over the past few weeks.  It feels so good to have completed this.  (Now I know why I love knitting socks - portable, light weight, can be tucked away quickly, don’t take up much space., etc., etc.)

Here’s my knitting story/confession/completion:

Kit purchased at Camp 2016.  Added 5 more Kureyon skeins in 2017.  Completed all 25 blocks plus one extra between April and August 2018.  Brought out of hibernation May 2022.  Completed July 11, 2022.  It has been a journey!  Now it will live at the cottage where it will be used by all the cuddlers in my family.  I think that it will need to come home for the winter though.

Thanks for sharing Mary. The Log Cabin Afghan is still one of my favourite projects. There will be new colours of Kureyon coming for fall. 

Here is a sneak peek at a few of them.

Beth is asking me to hurry so that we can watch an episode of Yellowstone. There was a plot twist in the last episode and we need to see where it goes. I would tell her to wait but she proof read my newsletter this morning (and I have another for her to read tomorrow) so I need to be nice and hurry.

No comments: