Friday, July 08, 2022

Boxy

Joji has a new pattern. Meet Lace & Fade Boxy. You can purchase the pattern on Joji’s website and it is 20% off until the 10th.

Boxy sweaters are like a friend who loves us dearly: always makes us feel comfortable and beautiful. They suit all body shapes and can be dressed up or down.  
I feel you can wear a boxy sweater with any outfit you like.  
In this version, delicate bands of lace alternate with bands of silky fabric that subtly change colors.

The coloured stripes are sportweight yarn and the lacy parts are done in mohair. In the pattern Joji mentions that you can use a heavy fingering weight instead of sport weight.

📷 © Joji Locatelli

My suggestion is tosh sport and Rowan Kidsilk Haze or tosh sport and Le Petit Silk & Mohair from Biches & Buches. Madelinetosh just discontinued tosh sport and we have put it on sale for 20% off.

Here are a few combinations in tosh sport. I quickly looked at the pattern and for the first 4 sizes it looks like 2 skeins of one colour (the top and sleeves) and one skein each of the other 3 colours. You will need 2 balls of the mohair. I took these pictures and then realized that I read the pattern wrong. You need 5 colours plus the mohair.
Medieval
Elizabeth Taylor
Star Scatter Solid
Dustweaver
Here are the five colours - I added in Star Scatter.
Well water
Night in Chile
Moonglow
Hepburn
I added in Patagonia.
Mr. UPS brought our box from Spincycle. Bright Ideas is such a happy colour.
Here is a great combination for the Inclinations Cowl - Bright Idea and Valley Girl.
While the table was outside for pictures I put together a few new kits for The Shift.



This is Light-Years in Dream State. 

I was almost out the door when I came up with a combination for the Inclinations Shawl.
The Family Jewels
Bright Idea
Light-Years
Midsommar
Valley Girl
Overshadow

Jackson came for a quick visit last night. He doesn’t stay long. Just while I’m brushing my teeth and then he heads downstairs.
Someone had fun at school today.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Those yarn colors are luscious! And, of course, Jackson is such a sweetie. :)