Saturday, June 04, 2022

New Noro Colours

Lynn is going strong on her Ranunculus. She is definitely going to beat me finished.

You can see that there is still quite a bit of yarn left on the ball.


We have new Noro colours coming on Wednesday.

This colour of Kakigori wasn’t available when our yarn arrived a few weeks ago but it will be here on Wednesday.

If my Ranunculus turns out how I think it will then I will be making another in this colour.

These five colours are Tsubame.
#26
#23
#22
#21
#20

Named for the barn swallow that migrates to Japan during cherry blossom season, this is a classic worsted-weight silk/wool blend. Each oversized skein contains 656 yards making it ideal for an endless variety of one-skein projects!




We knit this shawl last summer with 2 balls of Tsubame. I liked this picture - Lynn has her ‘I’m a model and I’m bored’ look on her face 😘.

This is Gamut (pattern purchased on Ravelry) that we knit in Tsubame. We used one ball each of colour 5 and 10. Colour 10 has been discontinued but we have a few balls hidden away for the shawl. You can order the combination here. We will make up new combinations once the yarn arrives.






While I was casting off.
Cast off and now it will go to Alex.

5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I love the subtle tones of the first sweater yarn.

Lynne said...

The yarn selections and needle sizes used on Ranunculus are all over the map! May I ask what size needle Lynn is using for hers with the Noro? It's a great look in that yarn.

Julie said...

I will confirm with Lynn but I think she is using 5.5mm needles. That is the size I am using for mine.

Julie said...

Lynn is using 5.5mm needles for the ribbing and the body.

Lynne said...

Thanks Julie & Lynn. Looking forward to making something similar for myself for wearing over dresses & tanks.