Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Happy Birthday Jackson

Jackson turned 1 today. 



He hasn’t grown much ๐Ÿ˜˜
Hello Chicago. My flight this afternoon was very good but it’s been a long day. I was up at 5:30 and we were on the road at 7:30. I was checked in at 9 and through security and customs by 10. Our plane took off at 12:30.

I pulled out my cowl in the terminal. I didn’t knit much but it did come out.

I knit a few rows on the plane as well. Only a few. I had a window seat and spent most of the flight watching out the window. It was really clear out and I could see a lot. 

So far I’m happy with my hotel. There is a snack shop that is open from 5am - 1am. I can get a tea, water, chips, sandwiches, chicken fingers and in the morning I can get cereal. Being able to get tea is important ๐Ÿ˜˜. My room is clean with a monster TV. I have a very small balcony. It’s not big enough for a chair but I can stand on the balcony and watch planes coming into the airport. 

Tonight I am meeting up with friends for dinner. Beth Casey who used to own Lorna’s Laces and Mrs. Crosby. Beth came to knitting camp a few times and taught yarn dying. I haven’t seen Beth since May 2019 so I’m excited. Jacqueline Sava who owns Soak is coming for dinner with us. It could be a late evening.

Tomorrow I might go to the outlet mall by my hotel. The show opens at 5pm for a preview. I will get pictures!! I don’t know where I will start. Freia has new coming. Della Q has a new bag. Atenti has new bags and fabrics. It’s so exciting!!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I envy you getting to be there with so many faces we miss, and seeing all the new goodies. Have a great time!