Thursday, June 09, 2022

Lynn has a new project

Deidre started a new store sample for us. She is using the new Le Lambswool from Biches & Buches. I should have taken better pictures but I can tell you that the yarn is beautiful.

She is making Isabell Kraemer’s Elah - pattern purchased on Ravelry.

This is the start of one front. She said that she is enjoying the lace work. It isn’t hard lace that tires you out. She said that the pattern is easy to follow and the yarn is nice to knit with.

Elah is worked seamlessly from the top down. Fronts are worked in lace pattern, while the back is worked in Stockinette stitch. Knitting starts with the provisional cast on of the shoulders for the fronts (you will first work the right front, then the left front). Once the short row shaped shoulder slope is done, the front is worked flat to underarm. Shoulder stitches are picked up from the provisional CO of both front shoulders to work the back to the same length. At underarm both fronts and back are joined to work the body top down back and forth to the bottom hem. As the front ribbing is built in, there is no finishing required. Sleeve stitches are picked up around the arm openings to work the sleeves in Stockinette stitch top down in rounds to the cuffs.

Lynn has been obsessed with this cardigan since the pattern came out. She’s at the cottage for a week and has yarn to start. She is at the ribbing on her Ranunculus and then has the short sleeves but that won’t take long.

📷 © Isabell Kraemer



📷 © Joji Locatelli
Joji has a new pattern called the Zeeweg Wrap. The pattern is from her new Interpretations book and is also available on Ravelry.

As I soar, on my way to the sea, I connect with my body and I connect with my mind. I name my intentions for this journey. I trace my route, I can see myself where I am going. 
I am light, and my feet barely touch the ground. I have these wings, they were meant to fly. I cannot stay still, I have to keep moving, I have to keep changing, evolving, giving birth. 
The essence of me is air and water, both vital, both coming together in the shore, in a cold and wild embrace.
 

This wrap is made in 3 sections or wedges that are joined together seamlessly as you work. It uses 4 colors of yarn in a faded progression.

Joji knit the shawl in sport weight yarn but some of her test knitters used fingering weight. If you have some fingering weight at home I would suggest doing a gauge swatch. See if you like the look of the yarn at the gauge she is asking for. There are many more colour options if you knit the shawl in fingering weight. 

My supplier doesn’t have the Interpretations book yet and I don’t know when/if it will be arriving. I hope to know more tomorrow.





I didn’t knit a row last night so I’m going to sit down and knit a few now. 

No comments: