Saturday, October 16, 2021

Ginny

I started this post two weeks ago and never finished it. 

It was an Andrea Mowry day for me today.

Photos © Andrea Mowry
Wannietta knit Ginny for me almost 2 years ago but I haven’t worn it because we didn’t wear sweaters while it was just Lynn and I in the store. It came out today. My cardigan is knit in Arranmore Light and it was so nice to wear. It isn’t a heavy cardigan which is nice for wearing indoors.

You can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website.






I wore my Shift with the cardigan. I joked with Lynn that I might go as Andrea Mowry for Halloween. I have a few of her garments 😘

Photos © Isabell Kraemer

Isabell Kraemer has a new pattern called Aphra - the pattern is available for purchase on Ravelry.

Aphra is worked seamlessly from the top down. The back is worked in plain Stockinette stitch while the front features a beautiful texture pattern panel at the center. Knitting starts with the cast on of the shoulders for the back. Once the short row shaped shoulder slope is done, the back is worked flat to underarm. Shoulder stitches are picked up to work the front to the same length. At underarm both front and back are joined to work the body top down in rounds to the bottom hem. Sleeve stitches are picked up around the arm openings to work the sleeves (short or long) top down in rounds. Neck finishing is worked last.


I looked on Ravelry to see what yarns people were using for the sweater. A few used Le Petit Lambswool. Le Cashmere & Lambswool would work as well. Another option is Juniper Moon Patagonia.
 
For a dog who isn’t supposed to be on the couch he sure is comfortable up there.
Beth is in charge of the TV tonight and I’m knitting. 

No comments: