Saturday, October 09, 2021

Making Kits

I was trying to find a text from Sarah and came across these pictures from early 2020. The sweater is called Magnolia Chunky and you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. Sarah knit a medium with a skein and a half of Eco Wool from Cascade. (When I looked at our website I see that we are out of this colour - I will order more this week). She used the suggested 8mm needles.
It’s late so please don’t quote me on this but I think you can knit the sweater holding a strand of sport weight with 2 strands of lace mohair.

I wanted the bottom of the arm to look more puffed when it was hanging so I ended up using a regular 1x1 rib with 6mm needless and decreased an extra 2 stitches. This way the rib is more snug on my wrist which forces the fabric to hang. 

We have piles of Dream State on the front table to make kits for Andrea Mowry’s new shawl. I hope that the pattern will be coming out on Tuesday. 

My rationale is that Rhinebeck (New York State Sheep & Wool Festival) is next weekend and she’ll want the pattern out before the show.

You can see a picture on Andrea’s Instagram page.

I have kits on the website and will be adding more colourways.

I was adding the kits to the website and realized that the pictures I took last week were way off. The rain stopped this afternoon and I took the skeins outside. These are much better - very true to the colours in the skeins.

Now to finish my spoiler post.

No comments: