Monday, October 04, 2021

Dreaming

I thought about staying at home this morning. The only way to describe the weather is yucky. Drizzle. Fog. Damp. Cool. But I had to go because…


Hello Absolute Zero.

Ms. UPS came this morning with a box from Spincycle. I’ve been playing with Dream State for Andrea Mowry’s new pattern. Fingers crossed it comes out this week. PLEASE ANDREA 😘. I will be adding kits the the website as soon as the pattern is released.

These are the colours that Andrea used.


Of course this is my choice.


Photos © Cheryl Faust
This is Cheryl Faust’s Promises in the Dark (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

Promises in the Dark is a triangular shaped shawl, knit from the top edge, down. The pattern is created using the mosaic knitting technique, using just one color per row. 

Knitting with Spincycle is always such a treat! The mosaic patterning of “Promises in the Dark” highlights the slow and dramatic color transitions of Dream State beautifully.




New needle sets from Knitter’s Pride are on the way to us. They are coming from the west coast so it could be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. The needles are available online for preorder.
I left work early and came home to work. I because so engrossed in my paperwork that I forgot to start dinner. Oops. It’s started now so no one will be going hungry. I have a few minutes before Beth and the dogs get home so I’m going to knit a few rows while the house is puppy free.

No comments: