Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Big Wool

Need something quick? Try Big Wool from Rowan. This is a new book from Quail Studios. There are 4 designs in the book. I’m only showing 3 because Blogger is fighting me and wants to add the last photo at the very end of my post.

There will be a restock of Big Wool at the end of the month. Our supplier is moving so shipments are on hold.


I really want this sweater. It looks cozy!



Valda was very busy last winter knitting Jolly Wee Elves. She emailed me this picture yesterday. Her newest projects. They are adorable.
Attached is a picture of my Jolly Wee Elves dressed for Halloween...the pumpkin coloured ones are made from Rowan Felted Tweed ginger and the little witches from leftover cotton yarn.  The ginger ones after Halloween will don their scarves and join in with the Christmas ones.

The pattern is available on Churchmouse Yarns website.

As dusk eases in beneath the breathless cold of winter, our senses seem to sharpen. The air on our skin, the softness of wool in our fingers, the distinct prism of colours that glitter from the lights at the edge of our vision. Everything is richer, vibrant, captivating. Just like our new Advent 2021 kits! This season, our new Advent kits help us settle into that beautiful space of cozy contentment. We’ve dreamed up two colourway sets this year to choose from: Walk in the Snow (cool blues and purples) and Fire & Ice (warm blues and reds). Keeping the mystery throughout, both sets lead you down a rainbow path of discovery and delight. You’ll have the option of THREE mystery patterns to choose from: a triangular knit shawl, a knit scarf, and a crochet scarf. Each design playfully highlights every hue you receive in your Advent calendar and feature a sampling of lace and texture.

INCLUDED IN EACH KIT:

  • 1 full skein of Tough Love Sock and fifteen individually wrapped mini-skeins of CashLuxe Spark (total of 1207 yds / 1103 m per set)
  • 8 yarn accessories
  • Three patterns are geared towards intermediate knitters and crocheters.

We still have a few Advent kits available. Sweetgeorgia should be dying the yarn now and we should have our shipment at the end of the month. The minute they arrive we will be shipping them out.

Have you noticed the banners on the front page of our website? The app I used for these is no longer available so after much research I found a new one. It’s been fun playing with it. The learning curve wasn’t as big as I thought it was going to be.
This appeared on Instagram last night. I’m going to be using it a lot for future posts.

I’m home early today to Jackson sit. Beth is in a charity golf tournament this afternoon. Dad took Boscoe which is a good thing. Jackson is sleeping and letting me work. The two of them together can be trouble. (Jackson and Boscoe not Jackson and dad šŸ˜˜).


Beth sent this from work yesterday. He is so cute when he is sleeping!

There is a lot on TV tonight. I have one more row for the front band and then my cast off. I didn’t realize until tonight that it is an I-Cord Bind Off. I groaned. It is going to take days but it will look good.

No comments: