Friday, October 08, 2021

Casting On

The new Mindful Sets arrived this morning. 

Have you seen Knitter's Pride's newest collection? The Mindful Collection's needles feature stainless steel lace tips with nylon-coated stainless steel cables. The cables have no memory, so they will not kink or curl, and they are marked at 1 increments so they can double as a tape measure.

It might be time to start your holiday wish list. Maybe drop some hints by leaving pictures on the breakfast table??

For the past few days I have been wearing one of my Nightshifts that I knit in Noro Ito. This is kit #1. I haven’t worn any of my Ito Nightshifts until this week and I really like the size of it. To hold it in place I have a Shawl Cuff on it. When I need to take the shawl off I leave the cuff on and pull the shawl over my head. Then when it’s time to put it back on it goes over my head again. I don’t have to fuss with it - it’s ready to wear.

There are new colours of Ito coming in November and I will be making another one.

I’ve cast on for Shawlography but didn’t get far.

I took a picture of the skeins wound but the colours are off so I’ll show this for now.

If you can't stand the mystery, Stephen has posted a video on YouTube. In this video he shows colour placement, the stitches and at the end Clue 1 finished.

Once you start watching a Stephen West video you can't stop. He is soothing and very encouraging. Stephen doesn’t have a lot of rules. Just have fun.

I don’t want to post spoiler pictures in my post so I’m going to do two posts on those days. The spoiler will be titled Spoiler (very original 😘) and you can look if you’d like. This will be the first picture of these posts.
Then I will show pictures of my knitting.

Speaking of knitting - it’s time to get back to the shawl.

No comments: